44X1986 IBM Bladecenter Copper Pass-thru Module
The 10Gb Ethernet Pass-Thru Module for BladeCenter is ideal for clients looking to enable end-to-end non-blocking 10Gb setup within the chassis. This device supports both Ethernet and Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE ) packets, which allows clients to connect a BladeCenter Chassis to an FCoE-capable top-of-rack switch. The 14 10Gb Uplink ports are based on optical SFP+ technology to offer the highest performance while maintaining industry standard connectivity. This offering will also work with BladeCenter Open Fabric Manager, providing all the benefits of I/O Virtualization at 10Gb speeds.
Part Number: 44X1986
The 10Gb Ethernet Pass-Thru Module includes the following features and functions:
- Single-wide high-speed switch module
- 14 internal 10Gb ports to the server blades (no auto-negotiation)
- Up to fourteen 10Gb SFP+ uplink ports (SFP+ modules are not included)
- Support for SR, LR, and DAC copper cables
- Direct one-to-one mappings of external and internal ports (no configuration required)
- Simple setup and monitoring through advanced management module
- Management-module inter-integrated Circuit (I2C) interface that provides vital product data (VPD) and register access
- Provides self-test and diagnostics capability
- No Serial over LAN (SOL) support
We offer free FedEx Ground shipping to all our customers in the continental US. If you need more information on expedited or international shipping please see our Shipping & Returns page or ask us directly via phone, email or using our Contact Form page.