46M6071 Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module for BladeCenter
The Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module is a blade switch solution for the BladeCenter H and HT chassis providing the server I/O solution required for high-performance, scale-out, virtualized, and non-virtualized x86 computing architectures. It is a line rate, extremely low-latency, non-blocking, Layer 2, 10 Gigabit Ethernet blade switch that is fully compliant with Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and IEEE Data Center Bridging standards.
The Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module includes the following features and functions:
- Single-height high-speed switch module
- Six 10 Gb SFP+ ports operating at wire speed. Also designed to support 1 Gb SFP if required, with the flexibility of mixing 1 Gb/10 Gb. Table 2 lists supported transceivers and cables.
- One 10/100/1000 Mb copper RJ-45 used for out-of-band management.
- An RS-232 RJ-45 connector for serial port that provides an additional means to configure the switch module. The console cable is supplied with the switch module.
- Fourteen internal auto-negotiating ports: 1 Gb or 10 Gb to the server blades
- One internal full-duplex 100 Mbps port connected to the management module
Scalability and performance
- Autosensing 1 Gb/10 Gb internal and external Ethernet ports for bandwidth optimization
- Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic and full line rate performance of 400 Gbps full duplex
- Forwarding rate of 300 million packets per second (mpps)
- Low, predictable, and consistent latency of 1.5 microseconds regardless of packet size, traffic pattern, or enabled features on 10 Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Media access control (MAC) address learning: automatic update, supports up to 8 Kb MAC addresses
- EtherChannels and LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) link aggregation, up to 60 Gb of total uplink bandwidth per switch, up to seven trunk groups, and up to six ports per group
- Support for jumbo frames (up to 9216 bytes)
- Traffic suppression (unicast, multicast, and broadcast)
- IGMP snooping to limit flooding of IP multicast traffic (IGMP V2 and V3)
- Configurable traffic distribution schemes over EtherChannel links based on source/destination IP addresses, MAC addresses, or ports
- Spanning Tree edge ports (formerly PortFast) for rapid STP convergence
Availability and redundancy
- IEEE 802.1D-2004 Rapid and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocols (802.1w and 802.1s)
- Layer 2 Trunk Failover to support active/standby configurations of network adapter teaming on blades
We offer free FedEx Ground shipping to all our customers in the continental US. If you need more information on expedited or international shipping please see our Shipping & Returns page or ask us directly via phone, email or using our Contact Form page.