NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 Cisco 1 port Multi-flex Trunk Voice/Clear-channel Data T1/E1 Module ISR4000
Cisco 1 port Multi-flex Trunk Voice/Clear-channel Data T1/E1 Module for ISR4000-series Routers
The Cisco® Fourth-Generation 1-, 2-, 4-, and 8-Port T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice and WAN Network Interface Modules (NIMs) support data and voice applications on the Cisco 4000 Integrated Services Routers (Figure 1). These cards combine WAN-interface-card (WIC), voice-interface-card (VIC), ISDN Primary Rate Interface (PRI), dial-access integration, and channelized-data (CE1T1) functions to provide superior flexibility, versatility, and investment protection through their many uses. Customers who choose to integrate data and voice in multiple steps preserve their investment in a T1/E1 WAN interface.
You can insert the Cisco T1/E1 NIMs into the NIM slot on the supported Cisco 4000 Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). In addition to the features listed in Table 1, these modules support both T1 and E1, providing additional flexibility for supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications simultaneously. All modules include the drop-and-insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates costly external third-party channel service units/data service units (CSUs/DSUs) and drop-and-insert multiplexers.
The fourth-generation Cisco T1/E1 NIMs add improvements over the Cisco Second- and Third-Generation T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice and WAN Interface Cards (MFT VWIC2s and VWIC3s, respectively). The fourth-generation T1/E1 modules enable each port to be clocked from an independent clock source for data applications. Voice applications can now be clocked independently from data applications, with all ports for voice applications clocked from a single source.
The T1/E1 modules contain an onboard Cisco Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module 4 (PVDM4) slot, which requires a fourth-generation PVDM4 module. A PVDM4 on the T1/E1 module is necessary for the voice features. The PVDM4 also provides for echo cancellation of up to 128-ms echo-tail length for demanding network conditions. Refer to Table 2 for all configuration options offered with the modules.
These fourth-generation modules also provide increased port density per chassis compared to the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) platform.
● Basic T1/E1 data: The MFT versions act as WICs, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1. To simplify remote management, these modules integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
● E1/G.703 data: In addition to the basic T1/E1 data support, the CE1T1 versions also support structured G.703 with G.704 framing and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications.
● T1/E1 packet voice: All the modules support packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges. An additional onboard PVDM4 is required. Also, each NIM has its own PVDM4, so each module can be connected to a different service provider with no single clock domain restriction.
● Mixed data and packet voice: All the modules can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
● Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert: You can deploy all the modules as T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexers with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks.
We Also Recommend
A9K-8x100G-LB-SE Cisco ASR9000 8x100GE LAN Only Line Card, Service Edge
A9K-4X100GE Cisco ASR 9000 4-port 100GE LAN Line Card
NC55-24X100G-SE Nexus NCS 5500 24x100GBE QSFP28 Line Card