N7K-F348XP-25 Cisco Nexus 7000 F3-Series 48 Port 1/10GbE SFP+ Ethernet Module
The Cisco Nexus® 7000 F3-Series 48-Port 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module offers outstanding flexibility and wire-rate performance on each port for high-density, low-latency, scalable data center architectures.
The 7000 F3-Series module is based on the Cisco Nexus F3-Series switch-on-a-chip (SoC) ASIC, which increases performance and lowers the module’s power and cooling requirements. The F3-Series SoC is powered by a flexible packet engine, making it an excellent solution for building public and private cloud environments. The F3-Series module supports all of the foundational networking protocols needed to build Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks. It also supports highly virtualized environments with virtual overlay networking and hardware support for Cisco Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) technology. The 7000 F3-Series modules let customers transparently interconnect their data centers with protocols such as Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS).
The 7000 F3-Series module delivers 720 million packets per second (mpps) of distributed Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding and up to 480 Gbps of data throughput. A 7000 18-Slot Switch fully populated with the 7000 F3-Series module can deliver up to 11.5 bpps and 15.4 Tbps of switching performance.
The 7000 F3-Series module integrates a broad set of data center switching technologies and combines the benefits of classical fabric interface line cards with the advanced routing features of edge interface modules. It offers exceptional investment protection for organizations consolidating data center environments as they migrate to dense multiservice 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- The 7000 F3-Series module is powered by the proven and comprehensive NX-OS feature set. With its comprehensive set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions, this module is suited for data center networks that require high density, high performance, and continuous system operation.
- The 7000 F3-Series module supports Cisco FabricPath, a valuable feature for organizations building resilient, flexible, and massively scalable Layer 2 networks. FabricPath protects enterprises’ investments by allowing existing spanning-tree-based deployments to be connected to a FabricPath network.
- The 7000 F3-Series module can be used in conjunction with Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (FEX). The 2000 Series fabric extenders simplify data center architecture and operations by dramatically reducing the number of points of management.
- The 7000 F3-Series module offers integrated Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) to simplify the network infrastructure. It helps reduce costs by supporting unified data center fabrics that consolidate data center traffic onto a single, general-purpose, high-performance, highly available network. With the 7000 F3-Series module, FCoE can be deployed in director-class modular platforms for the access layer and core of converged networks.
- The 7000 F3-Series module supports wire-rate VXLAN, offering the architectural flexibility needed to expand cloud deployments with repeatable pods in different Layer 2 domains. VXLAN can also enable migration of virtual machines between servers across Layer 3 networks.
- With its advanced data center interconnect (DCI) protocols, including Cisco OTV and VPLS, the 7000 F3-Series module helps customers simplify the extension of applications across geographically dispersed data center sites.
- The 7000 F3-Series module supports high-performance MPLS for 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet data center deployments.
- Support for Cisco LISP allows enterprises and service providers to simplify multihomed routing and scalable any-to-any WAN connectivity while supporting data center virtual machine mobility.
- The virtual device context (VDC) feature helps enable the virtualization of a single physical device in one or more logical devices. Each provisioned logical device is configured and managed as if it were a separate physical device.
- The 7000 F3-Series module offers exceptional security and integrated hardware support for:
- Configurable Control-Plane Policing (CoPP), which protects the supervisor CPU from excessive traffic
- Access control list (ACL) counters and logging capability to provide deeper packet visibility
- Layer 2 to Layer 4 ACL for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
- Cisco TrustSec® technology and ACL processing for security group tags (SGTs)
- IEEE MAC security standard (IEEE 802.1AE MACsec) on ports 41 to 48
We offer free FedEx Ground shipping to all our customers in the continental US. If you need more information on expedited or international shipping please see our Shipping & Returns page or ask us directly via phone, email or using our Contact Form page.
We Also Recommend
A9K-8x100G-LB-SE Cisco ASR9000 8x100GE LAN Only Line Card, Service Edge
A9K-4X100GE Cisco ASR 9000 4-port 100GE LAN Line Card
A9K-48X10GE-1G-TR Cisco ASR9000 48-port 10G/1G packet transport line card